Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Operations (Import/Export Media Pools)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peelau

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2011
US
I have been put into an ArcServe environment and have to fix some serious problems.

Here are my questions.

1. The only way to remove and put tapes in a library is the import export function correct? Is there another way to put 18 tapes in? When importing say tapes that have been used and are overwrittable how do I put them into a media pool? Do I need to format them before i do so?

2. The previous backup guy took tapes in and out of the library without using the Import Export feature and now the backup is asking for the tapes in the scratch media pool to backup that are not physically there. How do I fix this problem? How do I delete or remove tapes that are no longer in the physical library?

import, mount, inventory, or just restart the tape engine to accomplish the update

go the the media pool and right click and select Add or Assign depending upon the version of ARCserve.

they do not need to be reformatted.
if they were never used or erased then they will need to be formated or they can just be left in the device group and they will automatically be added as needed.

go the the media pool and right click and select remove.

Do yourself a favor and go to support.ca.com and register. The ARCserve support page is listed under products as CA ARCserve Backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back