Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Label

Status
Not open for further replies.

zindians

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2002
US
I am using BE 9.0. I have a Compaq Ait 35 GB AutoLoader. it contains 7 recordable tapes and one cleaning tape. the tapes were new when i installed the Autoloader. The AIT is conneted to a compaq ML370 dual 3 Mhz Server with win 2003 server loaded. Everything is working fine except when I run an inventory on the media in the slots. Sometime the media label show unkown media. If I run and inventory once or twice more on the same slot the correct media label will display. Also if I choose to inventory one slot the autoloader will inventry that slot plus the next slot in the sequence. I am showing all the latest firmware upgrades on the AIT. When i goto the media tab to check the media set everything is displayed correctly. I do not have a bar code reader so that is not checked, and the RSM service is disabled in the windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back