Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media is not overwriting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sindoolan

Technical User
Nov 23, 2004
IE
Hi
Im using BAckup Exec 9.1 for windows servers. I have set up 10 backup jobs. The first time the backup jobs ran successfully because the tapes had been formatted. However, the second time the tapes are used, I get the following error:
Online Media: Insufficient online or nearline media is available to start job.
Overwrite media check: There is no media online or nearline that can be overwritten or the job has been marked append/terminate.

I have set the media to overwrite, and appendable until: Infinite-Allow Append. I have set the media set with overwrite protection set at 2 days and infinite
append. I have added tapes to the backup set. Global overwrite is set to
"None."

Is there some other setting that I must change?
Regards
Sean

Hello Sean,

I am having a very similar, if not exact issue, sorry to say I can't help you...

Also sorry that you haven't received any responses... I have moved the tapes to a second backup set, then back to the desired one, no change...

One difference between our issues is that my original set of tapes were each over written multiple times, until recently everything worked flawlessly...

If I find a solution I will post here, Joe

Sean,

How many tapes do you have in the media set?

Your media set is set to not allow overwrites for two days...could your backup be falling within the two days?

-SQLBill

Hi Sean

You have to go to Options under Tools.
Click on Media Managment. Set None under Media Overwrite Protction Level. Turn off Prompt.

This wil help.

We are running 8.6 and tried what others have suggested but still could not get it to work until we turned off the Automatically display new alerts option on the general tab in the tools options menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back