Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media in all remainding slots being formatted by a single job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacy12

Technical User
Mar 4, 2002
US
I have been noticing a problem with jobs formatting the rest of the media in the slots during a run of a job causing the rest of the jobs to hang while looking for blank media. Any suggestions?

We are using arcserve 2000, NT
[mad] or >:-<

I really need some more info here:

Be more specific of what your scrpts are doing. Such as if you have several scripts using one tape, or tape label.

If there are several jobs in there too.

I just need more info before I can make an accurate comment

I had this problem when job reached Lotus Notes database that had selected .nsf's & some selected been deleted from server. So the job failed & started again from beginning but the tape was marked to the save pool so it took next tape & so on.

We have (had) the same problem. It was (temporaraly) resolved by recreating the queue and the job. (default solution from CA)
Later on another server we have a simular problem:
This server just has 1 SDLT drive and the job starts normaly. But after 35 minutes the job start again (not another job,but the same job). It kills the current backupjob and restarts, trying to format the tape but is unable to because it is already formatted and part of the save set.

I am still waiting for an answer and solution from CA

Greets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back