Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media Gateway G650

Status
Not open for further replies.

GladniJura

Technical User
Jun 12, 2006
HR
Hello,

We will have a upgrade from GR3 to newest CM3.1 on S8720
on main site and G3si to S8500 (ESS) on other location. However, existing cabinets on main site will become as Media gateways but for other location Avaya offers new Media Gateway G650. I don't know way? Can existing cabints from G3si on this site take over instead baying new gateways? On main site will no be a new Gateway.

You can use most of your existing cabinets. If you have an SI with SCC or MCC you will need to replace the Control Carrier with an Expansion Carrier. The problem may be that Avaya no longer sales those carriers. Try a Business Partner or another re-seller for those parts and then ask Avaya to certify them.

BHanson

It just so happens that we converted our G3si R11 to S8710/CM 3.1.1 two days ago. Our environment, prior to the upgrade, included an MCC and an SCC. During the upgrade, the decission was made to upgrade the SCC to 2 x G650. This was not, however, mandatory and was only done to meet future growth plans.

The MCC and SCC are fully compatible with CM 3.1.1. The only change that is required is the removal of the Control Carrier (A) in the MCC. This will need to be replaced with an Expansion Carrier, as the processors are no longer used. That and a few IPSI cards and some updated maintenance and DS1 cards were the only changes.

I hope this helps.

-Brian-
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back