Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Media-Gateway Firmware Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
Previously, we would use the local s8300 utility server to host mm and gw firmware and then follow the normal process on the GW to copy tftp.... Now that we upgraded to 8.x I don't seem to have those local utility servers anymore. I have a few standalone utility servers stood up. Am I able to upload the firmware on those? I tried to browse the gateway firmware directory and it's empty. I recall my other 8300 utility servers had tons of different files on them.

Where to you backup your CM severs? FTP/SFTP/SCP server? If so, use that for G450 firmware upgrades.

I put the firmware files on my System Manager and use copy commands from the gateway to grab the files.

Nothing stops you from putting it in /var/home/ftp/pub on the CM LSP and using copy scp... at the gw CLI

You can use the S8300 as a web server. No web interface for administration like the utility server. Just copy the files to the directory. See the Maintenance Commands manual for the 'fileserver' command. Files go in /var/web/fileserver/html directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back