Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mechanical Noise on PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethsept14

Programmer
Dec 27, 2001
US
Has anyone experienced this issue? We are getting a mechanical noise on some of our incoming calls. All of our incoming calls are routed through our PRI by Verizon. It has been an on going issue for over 9 months now. Nortel (Nextira One) has replaced several pieces of equipment in the hopes of finding out the problem, however nothing has fixed the issue. Verizon of course says they can test fine all the way to the smart jack?

Any suggestions on what to try next???

Get Nextira One, to get on the stick. tell them to get some test gear out there that can simulate the switch and put it on the T1. They can place and receive calls with it

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I used to work for NextiraOne and I know how thy work, they will just replace a few cards in hopes that the problem will fix itself, Verizon will only test to there smart jack, what you have to take into consideration is the connection from your smartjack to your CSU and from your CSU to your PRI card, have NextiraOne replace the cabling from these two points and also try swapping your CSU, any one of these could cause noise on your channels.

ACTUALLY YPU DON'T NEED TO SWAP THE CSU UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO, THE EASIEST THING TO DO IS BYPASS IT. JUST UNSCREW THE TO DB15 FROM THE BACK AND PLUG THEM TOGETHER AND LET IT RUN THAT WAY FOR AWHILE TO SEE IF IT IS A TROUBLE SPOT

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I worked for them too! and if you have a maintenance contract I would not let them leave with out a fix. aleast they could and should call the manafacturer, NOrtel will tell them exactly what is wrong, and your fix will be on the way good luck

First of all thanks so much for responding! I am going to call Nexteria this morning and demand a TAC case be opened with Nortel. I had 3 CSU's replaced, but not all of them. That will be my next step. Do any of you think this may be an issue with Verizon??

sure it could still be verizon, nortel will be able to tell.

has anyone checked the grounding of the pbx? this will cause problems on pri's as well

I am not the only having this problem I see.
I am experiencing the same exact thing with a MCI T-1 leased from Verizon.
Anyone heard of a compatibilty issue with the type of smartjack card Verizon uses. The tech said that it could be a problem there with Framing and clocking. Strange thing, the T1 resets often during the day..OPT11
Oh yea and the tech has tested multiple ways with his TBerd with MCI.. mci said its clean

Technickelone - I have not updated my thread, I should have! After about 9 months we finally resolved the issue. It is an issue with the PRI Cards that were in our switch and the Cards that Verizon had at the Smart Jack. It was a timing issue. The cards in the Smart Jack Need to be replaced to a newer release. Verizon stalled and stalled us on this, but finally we were able to pin point it was on Verizon's end. One Temp fix you can do yourself is unplugg your cables from the Smart jack and re-plugg. It actually re-sets itself each time making the noise go away. If you need any more help, please just ask! I know what a PAIN this problem was for us!!!!!!

so fast we trash the vendor ...if you pay for us to maintain do not let us leave until its fixed...if they send someone out and they are clueless ask to escalate to the DSM....If your not happy with the DSM then ask for EDO... do not accept anything less than perfection...thats what your paying for

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

I started to think I said Nextira in my thread somewhere Pat. Yes it the Nex guy you is doing all the work. The LD carrier hates to admit theres hardware issues. It has to be something with the Smartjack, I can't rule out cable but Nex has replaced the CSU 3 times and cables from NIU to switch. The problem is that the D-marc is 3 floors down and the LD wants to blame everything one the cable..We can't bypass the CSU because the distance is to great to for the PBX to generate a siganl that far. Anywho the Verizon guy will be out soon and will test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back