Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MeasureWare and NT Security Roll-up Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaeddy

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2001
US
I have numerous NT systems running Measureware 02.50 and 03.30. When I rolled out the new Microsoft Security Roll-up (Q295534i) I began receiving memory bottleneck errors in ITO (these are generated by Measureware). I monitored the systems in question and found no indication that anything was actually wrong. Rebooting did not clear the error, but removing the patch stopped them.

I am preparing to test a roll-out by shutting down the Measureware services before installing the patch, but I thought I'd see if anyone had any input for me regarding this.

Thanks

no -- but I'm glad you posted it -- we'll bear this in mind...

Thanks.
Mike
michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com
Email welcome if you're in a hurry or something -- but post in tek-tips as well please, and I will post my reply here as well.

Well, first test was a new MWA/ITO agent install on an NT server which had the patch already installed. This caused no errors. I'll try an existing system tomorrow and shut down all the MWA services first.

A bit of an OOPS here, the patch in question is Q299444, NOT Q295534. Sorry for the mixup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back