Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Measures in different Levels (OLAP Cubes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boligoma

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2003
MX
Hi, I have a problem in using 2 measures with different levels, let me give you an example:

I have a measure "Money" in the folowing Dimensions: Company, and Store. And another measure "sales" that is only in the level company.

The next step is to make that the measure "Sales" be the same one (the one that is on the top level that is company) on the Dimension store.

like this:

Company Store Money Sales
----------------------------------------
1 1 100 200
1 2 75 200
1 3 45 200
1 4 32 200
1 TOTAL 252 200

I'm using OLAP Cubes, I've Created two regular cubes: one with the information for the money measure (with dim's company and store) and the other one with the information for the sales (with the dimension for company).

And then I created a Virtual Cube from the first ones, in order to have the same information levels from the cubes. The problem is that the information for the measure Sales is null when you see it through the dim Store.

For the Cognos users is like using two separated sources with different levels of information and use the property to make one measure to be constant in one atribute in particular.

thanks,

Let me explain this question better:

I need to have this in a virtual cube so I can make an calculated member that have this structure:

[Measures].[Money]/[Measures].[Sales] *100

in order to make a percentage value. Is there a way to say in MDX Structure that the Money mesures will make the division for the parent level?

thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back