Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Measure group containing Additive and Semiadditive measures 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverGuy

Programmer
Jul 18, 2002
US
SSAS 2008/Enterprise.

I have an Inventory Measure Group wherein some of the measures are aggregated by FirstNonEmpty/LastNonEmpty (Beginning and Ending Quantities and Amounts), and others are aggregated by SUM (What quantity was brought in for example).

Running a query which contains both a semiadditive measure and an additive measure from this group results in blank values for my additive measures if I include some dimensionality (slicing by Month in this case).

Any suggestions on what to do here?

Thanks

Still working on this. Here is some additional information:

If I just grab the two measures by themselves, I get values for both. It's only when I add a dimension when my additive measures turn up blank. Also, my Date dimension is set up for a "Time" type.

I've also noticed that if I slice by the Date (the grain of the Date dimension), I get both the additive and semi-additive measures returned.

RiverGuy,

Did you ever get this one worked out?

I never did, and I also never figured out why someone gave me a star for adding additional information to my question. I think our temporary work-around has been to use formulas in Excel for cell-by-cell queries to return both measures together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back