Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ME has no MS-Fax? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricpete

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
US
Greetings, knowledgeable computer folk,

After trashing my Win95 computer for a new ME computer I find that I can no longer select Microsoft Fax as a printer to send faxes.

What gives? ME does not have same functions as 95? Is there any way to get that function back?

Thanks very much for any comments you can offer.

You can install the faxing service from the 95 cd, but this is not the easiest solution. It would be in your interest to check on the CD that your MODEM drivers are on as usually they contain the utilities to do this.

Thanks to both of you.

I put my Windows 95cd. The autorun kicks in and launches a program. It tells me it is not compatible with my version of windows. I press "more details" and it warns me not to install Windows 95 on top of Windows 98".

I got out my modem cd/manual. It is in fact a fax modem. No special setup instructions for fax. The manual mentions Win95 and Win98 but no mention of WinME.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back