Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ME and Access97

Status
Not open for further replies.

linda55

Technical User
Jun 22, 2001
US
I purchased a laptop with Microsoft ME operating system. Then loaded my Access97 from the original CD. The icon for access was not put on the desktop. When I located the icon and clicked it I get the message that I have not specified the correct path to a database or a database at all. Has anyone else had this problem with ME? I am a novice at loading new programs but have never had a problem with Windows 95 or Windows 98 on my PC. Thanks for any help you can give me.

I've never had this problem with ME, my version of Access 97 works fine on my laptop with Windows Me on it. It could be, however, that the default file location (usually 'C:\My Documents') is incorrect depending on your configuration within Windows. I have problems wioth some of my Office stuff as it looks initially for the 'C:\My Documents' folder and if it is not there, as on Windows 2000, it throws up an error. However, usually if I click 'OK' it goes on as normal to show the Open dialog. Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back