Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Me=3days - You 2 minutes:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemat

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
MX
HI. I hope you can help me.

1. I have a monie clip which I place inside my main move with loadMovieNum

It is fine. I only want to know how I can make the darn thing disappear when I ove to another section of the main movie

By the way the clip was made outside of flash but saved as a .swf

I would like to press another button to move to another section and make the loaded movie disappear or unload.

thanks

Use unloadMovie() - use this syntax (depending on which level you've loaded the swf into):

unloadMovie(_level2)

Hi wangbar, thanks

I have the main movie on level 0 and the clip on level 1. I tried the code you put and it unloads everything. I just get a large blank screen.

How do I just unload the clip?

:) Thanks

HOLD ON there is a problem, what I need is the best place to position my unload script.

Where should I put it? Ideally on the scene, with an event like onClose? Is this right? When I move to any other scene I would like the event to run - to unload the movie, which event and where do I put the script?

Thanks (sorry for being such a hopeless newbie)

Mathew

Put the script in the first frame of the new scene I reckon.

Yes I tried that - but there were problems, there are scenes and sub scenes......and it causes problems...it is unstable. SOmetimes the new scene appears blank and then all that follows is blank.

Is there not a way to put the unload script on the same scene. When that scene changes to another - any other, the unload script would run?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back