Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mdx query analyser: how to export data to excel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoenK

Technical User
Jun 21, 2005
BE
Hi all,

I've been working a little in SQL Server Analysis Services, making cubes out of the information of the company.
I used already the way of exporting the data to Excel by using pivot tables in Excel.

But is it possible to export the data, resulting from a MDX Sample application query, to Excel as a report? Thus without using the pivot tables in Excel. Result: a report coming from the cubes.

Is this possible in SQL Server Analysis Services? If yes, where do I find it? Or do I have to use another program for this? I'm not very experienced in this..

Thanks in advance!

Koen K.

Unfortunately I don't know any way to export from the MDX sample app. The MDX Sample app was supposed to be just that a sample, as you can tell not a whole lot of work went into the development of this app. That isn't to say that without some effort it isn't possible. The MDX sample app source code is provided when you install Analysis services. So the ability to make the sample app do what you need it to is only limited by your resources. If you or someone you know can code this functionality into the sample app then it would be very possible.

Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

I actually need to do something similar please let me know the outcome.

Thank you
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back