Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.mdw issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobasco1136

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2007
US
I have an Access 97 database with numerous groups set up for security. I had a user complain this morning that they no longer have access to a form that worked fine last week. I checked all the permissions and everything seems fine. I wonder if the .mdw is corrupt. Is there anything I can check or do?

Obviously, first make sure the user is using the correct workgroup and is logging in as the expected user.

Beyond that it depends on if you have another copy, backup or original information you created your workgroup with.

With a copy or backup you can replace the file, but passwords may be different in the different workgroup.

With the original information, you can simply create a new version using the same pids, passwords will have to be set again too.

Finally, you can assign the admin user permission to read design and read data everything, create a new workgroup file, import everything as the God user and set permissions again. If you are here let me know and I'll see if I can't find code that will help.

I logged on with several users id's and passwords and they all had the same issue. I ended up recreating the file and everything was working. I still don't know why this happened, but I learned a valuable lesson to not only back up the database, but everything associated with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back