Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MDT & USMT Server 2008 R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

flushie86

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2004
US
I am having issues with Desktop Shortcuts/icons not migrating. I use WDS for booting WinPE and then MDT for the deployments. The deployments are going very well, no issues there. The issues are with user accounts with lots of shortcuts/icons on their desktops. The first few are migrated and the rest are not. If I apply the /nocompress option to Scanstate, I can see that the desktops are in the migration and if I use the /nocompress on the loadstate the desktops are migrated properly. Am I missing something? It seems that when the data is compressed stuff is being left out. Any ideas? I really need to use the compression as the network stores are small and I have many computers to migrate. I am worried about what else the compress is missing out on.

UPDATE: I did the same run through with a physical box and the scanstate is doing its job, its looks like the loadstate is what is not moving the links back. The options I have on the loadstate are: /v:5 /c /lac /nocompress /ue:domain\avadmin /ue:%COMPUTERNAME%\*

Does anyone have experience with MDT? or USMT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back