Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MDE WOES

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinwilson

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
US
Once again Aloha everyone!

I'm encountering the "...unable to create a MDE database" error msg. so of course I can't convert my mdb into mde. I'm using Access 2k. I tried opening a form and viewing the code in VB to compile since that's what everyone recommends however the "Compile" feature is greyed out! Apparently my mdb is already compiled? Are there any other reasons (besides compiling) as to why I'm getting this error? If someone can point me in the right direction I'll name my firstborn after him! B-)

Much mahalo's
kevin

I'm guessing here since I'd offer the same "Compile" advice as well:

Try writing a bogus line of code, e.g. [tt]debug.print "Test" [/tt].

Once you've changed a module you should have the option of compiling. If so try the compile and see if you get an error.

Otherwise try importing objects into a new file (you'll have to set code references and StartUp options again). There may be some corruption at a lower level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back