Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MDB to ADP sql date criteria issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

chainedtodesk

Programmer
Feb 26, 2003
US
i had an MDB which had the following block of code which verified licensing dates, in the mdb it worked fine but in ADP i get an error saying DATE invalid, i saw a thread that was similar and they used getdate but that doesnt work either, can this type of function be done in ADP? thanks

Private Sub esc_monitor_Click()
DoCmd.SetWarnings False
Dim SQL As String

SQL = "SELECT ESC_new.NAME, ESC_new.Licensing, ESC_new.[Current License expiration date], if(GetDate(),)>[current license expiration date],'Expired',if(GetDate()+15,)>=[current license expiration date],'Expires within 15 Days',if(GetDate()+30,)>=[current license expiration date],'Expires within 30 Days',if(GetDate()+45,)>=[current license expiration date],'Expires within 45 Days','NA')))) AS Expr1 INTO ESC_Exp " & _
"FROM ESC_new " & _
" WHERE (((if(GetDate(),)>[current license expiration date],'Expired',if(GetDate()+15,)>=[current license expiration date],'Expires within 15 Days',if(GetDate()+30,)>=[current license expiration date],'Expires within 30 Days',if(GetDate()+45,)>=[current license expiration date],'Expires within 45 Days','NA')))))<>'NA')) "

DoCmd.RunSQL SQL

Dim frmname As String
frmname = "frm_ESC_LicExp"
DoCmd.OpenForm frmname

End Sub

Typically the IIF function is Access can be replaced with the CASE Statement in Transact_sql (the SQL for sql server).

Look up Case in the BOL documentation. Maybe a search case statement will work.

(case
when (getdate()+45)>=[current license expiration date] then 'Expired in 45 days'
when (getdate()+30)>=[current license expiration date] then 'Expired in 30 days'
when (getdate()+15)>[current license expiration date]
then 'Expired in 15 days'
when (getdate())>[current license expiration date]
then 'Expired' else 'NA' end) as expr1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back