Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mdaemon SMTP: slow for remote users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2007
GB

hi here is the situation.

madaemon was using a dialup connection but I have just installed broadband. I un-configured RAS and now the server is using the broadband connection. The servers local address is 192.168.1.164 and all of the clients who use this address on the LAN have no problems.

However I have port forwarded the POP3 and SMTP protocols from the broadband router to the email server and the remote users that use this say that it is slow.

I have telnetted in to the publio address of the router on port 25 (which is then forwarded to the internal server) and the folllowing happens.

220 ***.ie ESMTP Mdaemon 9.5.6;
helo
250 ***.ie Hello, please to meet you
mail from:<Valid Email Address>
250 <Vaild Email Address>, Sender ok
rcpt to:<Valid Recipient>

At this point the whole thing stalls for about a half minute. It times out for some of the users.

THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN I CONNECT TO THE SERVER USING THE PUBLIC (PORT FORWARDED) ADDRESS, NOT USING THE LAN ADDRESS.

Anyone got any ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back