Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mdaemon 9.6.1 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikosurf

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2005
KE
We have setup Mdaemon as a mailserver in one of our remote locations to handle the mail for the location. All our offices are on the same domain, but only this location is running Mdaemon all other users retrieve their mail from mail.domain.com
The issue we are having is that when a user on mdaemon location sends a mail to user in different location the mail is returned as user unknown. We tried to remedy this situation by invoking the unknown mail advanced send to server on primary domain setup. This works well when users send mail through worldclient but when users send email through outlook the mail is rejected 500 user unknown. Would appreciate any input/solution to this.

So, you are saying that you have an office that uses Mdaemon with the setup domain of mail.domain.com and the other offices get their mail straight from POP with the same domain? If this is the case, it will try to look for the addresses within the domain and if it doesn't find it then it will not deliver. If it's going to a different domain, then it will go through SMTP and send it out to the public. How is your Outlook setup, is it setup to deliver through the IMAP(Outlook Connector) or SMTP? If you try to send through SMTP, it will not send it out unless you have other settings to bypass it. WorldClient is similar as to using IMAP(outlook connector) and it would work for you. Some of my users, I set them up to receive through outlook connector and then put everything in personal file(pst)-which needs to setup pop/smtp connection. Let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back