Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MDaemon 7.0.1 email disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFox67

Programmer
Aug 1, 2005
NL
Hi,

Last weekend I got scared. As i opened my worldclient i only saw some email messages from 2003. The email of 2004 and 2005 was gone! I don't know why!??

I tried a revover tool and got some files back. Not sure what, because i'm not able to open my mailbox.

The next step was copying the APP dir etc. to another drive.
Strange was that my User map looked fine, execpt for my main account. There where no files in it!!!!

Ok, i laid down myself and later i tried to uninstall MDaemon. That worked fine. Then, i reinstalled MDaemon 7.01 (my version). I copied my MDaemon.ini back and it looked fine. Still no files in the users map!
NOW the strange thing. When i opened Worldclient op my localhost, it showed ALL the submaps with the files. But when i look with the explorer.... still no files.
And it shows only the submaps! So still nothing in my Inbox!!!

When MDaemon collects my mail from a POP server i see mail coming in to C:\MDaemon\Localq\PDxxxxxxx.msg but when i look in that folder..... no files.

Even with Worldclient, NO files in my inbox. Only the old ones in the subfolders...

Anyone got an idea, what i did wrong?
Help me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back