Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MD110 or AVAYA or Mitel etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alchohaz

Technical User
Mar 25, 2004
GB
We have been looking at an MD110 in the States but there seems to be a pretty major issue there with local support. i.e. an engineer may be thousands of miles away !!

as a result i have to look into alternatives, now as an MD man through and through, is anyone able to throw some light on:

a) What is a good stable alternative the MD110.
b) Which has an IP trunk that will interoperate between systems.
c) What systems have a strong maintenance presence on the Houston area.

As always, any feedback greatly appreciated.

regards
Al

[red]Striker : My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow, we're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 18:00 hours. We're coming in from the North, below their radar.[/red]
[blue]Elaine : When will you be back?[/blue]
[red]Striker : I can't tell you that? It's classified.[/red]

Hello,

I'm an MD110 fan, therefore I'm convinced: there is no stable alternative :)

We tried with Mitel. The product is fine, the support was practically zero, but we are in Europe, in the States it could be totally different.

Regards,

Gezaba

Thanks for your input, I understand that the Mitel is quite strong on IP Trunks ?

[red]Striker : My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow, we're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 18:00 hours. We're coming in from the North, below their radar.[/red]

alchohaz (TechnicalUser) 18 Oct 05 10:51 asked:

>We have been looking at an MD110 in the States but there >seems to be a pretty major issue there with local support. >i.e. an engineer may be thousands of miles away !!

Depending on the needs, in this age of "mobility", that distance is not as significant a factor as it once was. I live 30 miles from a fairly major airport......I do contract installs & upgrades etc. all over the country. AS for daily maintenance, Ericsson's HQ is a few hrs up the road from Houston in Plano (Dallas metro area).

>as a result i have to look into alternatives, now as an MD >man through and through, is anyone able to throw some >light on:
>
>a) What is a good stable alternative the MD110.

Nothing.

>b) Which has an IP trunk that will interoperate between >systems.

I believe they all do in some form or another.

>c) What systems have a strong maintenance presence on the >Houston area.

Nortel and Avaya likely have the biggest presence as far as brands, but all the big ones will have multiple distributor/service partners in that area. You should be able to get info from the manufacturer's websites regarding sales & service for a particular area or region.

Good luck,

Dave Strang

Thanks Dave...

a) What is a good stable alternative the MD110.

"Nothing".

[thumbsup2] Great work !!! [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back