Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MD110 interface to public address system(loudspeaker paging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trond345

Technical User
Dec 9, 2004
AE
Hi all,
I need to connect MD110 to an amplifier of an announcement system (public address system), I know if I use digital telephone with an option unit that my be a solution but I ma looking for another way, is there special interfaces in MD110 to do this?
Plz advice
Regards

You have 2 easy choices...the first is to use an anlog line and a station level page adapter (Valcom 9940). You take the page output from the adapter to an amplifier.

Or you can build a loop start trunk route, assign a dest code and connect a page adapter or amplifier to the trunk port. You will be connected when you dial the dest code.

If you connect an amp directly to the trunk port, you need a 600ohm input or 600 to 10k matching transformer. The Valcom gives either a 600 or 8 ohm output. Been doing this for 23years.

You can also tap an amplified speaker off the speaker on a digital set, but there are drawbacks.

Good luck,

Dave Strang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back