Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MD110 BC9 cni85, follow me to common abbreviated number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dognbone

Programmer
Oct 31, 2002
AU
I look after a MD110 BC9 cni85, it has recently been rebuilt by Damovo and since the re-build I have lost the ability to do a follow me to common abbreviated number. Is it a patch that I am missing. Damovo say there is no such patch but I know it used to work fine, please can anyboby help.

Hello Dognbone,

If the common abbreviated number is an externalnumber then you do the following on the extension. *22#abb.no#

I test it on my BC9 CNI85 and it works fine.

Kings

what is CNI ? what does it do
i have too many CNI files i don't know how to use them
thank you.

I understand that I can do an ECF to either a full external number or to a speed dial with a *22# but that requires the extension to be given a CDIV of 001151000 and STD access which we don't want to allow them to have. If using a *21*abb no# they can stay at local access but still do the external forward. I used to have this facility on BC9 until the system was re-built.

Hi !
dognbone
I think your need some extra patcher's ,
called "exdiv" patch" made for md110, bc7 version.
if your need more info ...tell every one... !
good day ..
r.b.

Are you sure it's still BC9? After upgrade from BC9 to BC10 we have lost that function, now have to use Personal Number.
Tom

Yes it's 100% defininatly BC9. No licence file (LIDAP) etc. The original system had the facility which was installed at BC9 I dont know what CNI it was but I believe it was release 25 patches, then over time it was patched with all the new releases but due to Damovo not being able to rectify a so called corruption problem it was re-built at BC9 CNI85 and this function has dissappeared.

The easiest way to verify if this feature is loaded or not, just CDINI any extension to any ABB number; see if this will be accepted by MD110. //patcher

Thanks patcher, I have just tried it and the system accepts the CDINI but not the follow me.

Hi dognbone, what you like will not work. Follow me to ABB is not designed. You can use ecf*22# but not follow me*21*.
The reason for this is because of multi divert function. The call will hops as assigned on parnum and the call should hops internally and not externally. I can explain it more but you get might get confuse. //patcher

In BC9 there was a software Package developed that allowed you to CDINI to an ABB. This allowed you to have Ring No Answer/Busy/Direct Divet to an External Number. This is known as the Repeated and Enhanced Diversion(RED)Package. Damovo probably forgot to include it.

Thanks TripleT, I'll give them a call again.

Hi too all,
I am having BC9 too. And i need to use CDINI via Abbr No. externally for my extension so that the ECF will only forward my call to external ,when my extnsion did not answer the call afer 6 rings.

Can someone tell me where can i download the ptch or the RED(repeated enhanced diversion) package.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back