Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MD 110 routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushobeti

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2006
ES
Hello,

I have a technical question for you. We have 9 MD110 PBX running BC9 interconnected via Optical Fiber. We have 6 E1 to de PSTN connected to 6 of these MD110.
How are the outgoing calls distributed through the E1´s?. Can I implement any algorithm such as round robin for the outgoing calls?. We have realised that outgoing calls that are generated in PBX without E1 are routed to the first E1 route that was added in the system. We would like to change this, because we have a lot of congestion in this E1.

Thank you very much.

Hi, the SEL d3 ( ROCAI ) control this, here you can choice:
d3=1 sequential selection in own lim. Even seizure in own lim and after that same principle in next lim.
d3=2 sequential selection in lim. First free external line in own lim and after that first free in next lim.
d3=2 sequential selection in route. first free external line in route - selection always starts with same line.
In your case I will recommend d3=1.

Hi

If you divide your 6 E1 circuits to different route numbers, you can use LCR to route the calls per lim to specific routes with each route over flowing to the next in different lims.

the dest code is set in lcr LCLDI and each dest code is individually set for specific routes and their overflows.

e.g. lim 3 calls with no E1 go via rou 1 lim 5 then rou 9 lim 2 then rou 8 lim 6, etc. as fictitious examples.

this will have a round robin effect on your calls from each lim whether they have E1 or not.

best parnum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back