Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

McShield.exe 100% CPU time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSC

MIS
Mar 27, 2001
EU
Hi,
I have an issue with McAfee (ver 7.1)
On some PC's it takes 100% of the CPU and it is impossible to work. The workaround so far has been to re-install the ePO agent (ver 3.1.2.268)
Is anybody aware of any hotfixes or another solution for this issue?
Regards,
GSC

I found that problem was normally caused by either two ePO agents on the pc (v2.x and v3.x)
Or the presence of an NAIFFFF.evt file in the events folder in the epo agent directory.

Deletion of all NAIxxxx.evt files and reboot normally sorts it out...
As does removal of the ePO 2.x agent if it is present (aginst32.exe /remove)

Regards

Simon J Cook

< Keyboard Error - Press F1 to continue >

YOU can EVEN Delete out the whole c:\epoagent directory.. since this is the 2.5 Version of the Agent and reinstall the 3.x agent..

location of the problem evt files
c:\ePOAgent\AgentDB\Event\*.evt

Joe Vac

I'm guessing this is fixed by now, but if anyone else has this problem, I found it be caused by having virus scans run at times when the pc was shut off. it runs the task as soon as the pc is turned on. it will run all of them over and over. simple fix, dont have the task scheduled if your machine will be shutdown at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back