Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mcshield errors event id 5051

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzoid

Technical User
Jan 24, 2003
GB
I am having problems with netshield 4.5 on windows 2000 server, I am getting event id 5051. I tried netshield sp1 and hotfix rollup but that did not work so I have increased the scanner thread timeout to half maximum values which solves the problem but causes a very slow response to opening documents.

HELP!!!!
Tzoid

I am getting the same error message, two or three times at the same time. How do you increase the scanner thread timeout?

Straight from NAI's KnowledgeBase:

Install Service Pack 1 for McAfee NetShield 4.5 and apply the HotFix Rollup (HFR).
Both Service Pack 1 (SP1) and the HotFix Rollup (HFR) can be downloaded by visiting and choose Product Upgrades. After entering your Grant Number,
click on the NetShield link to view the available files.

NOTE: You may have to choose a product suite, such as Active Virus Defense or Total Virus Defense, before seeing the product specific links.

Once the Service Pack is installed, you can adjust the timeout length. In the On-Access scanner properties, under the 'Advanced' tab, increase the number value present in the Compressed Files section. This will allow more time for scans to complete.

There are two timeout settings, one for archive files (.ZIP files) and a general purpose one that applies to any scan operation. You will only be able to set the increase the compressed file timeout number to one second lower than the
general timeout value.

HTH,

AVChap
... my $1 worth of advise, 2cents isn't enough due to inflation

I have had the same type problem. I tried all mentioned in previous post. If you are running Computer Associates Arcserve OFA, there is a problem with the OFANT.SYS file that was causing the problem. I upgraded that file and my probems went away. The Arcserve document # QO22619 dated 8/15/2002.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back