Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

McShield Error 7011

Status
Not open for further replies.

klangster

Instructor
Mar 27, 2003
GB
I have inherited a W2K server that periodically hangs. This may be a coincidence but the server hanging seems to coincide with lots of Event errors being generated by the McShield service. The event code in question in "Error 7011: Timeout (xxxxxx milliseconds)waiting for a transaction response from the McShield Service).

Could this be a problem being generated when the service is trying to automatically update it's DAT files? As I say, this is a server that I've inherited and am unsure about the machine's history.

Any response would be greatly received.

Hello, I have a few servers on my network with exactly the same problem and I have yet to look into it. Although I do know that the Hotfix Rollup for Netshield is supposed to address some issues regarding Mcshield.exe, I think it actually replaces it if I can remember correctly, I'm still in the testing phase of this hotfix so I haven't actually applied it to any live servers yet.

Hope this helps, find the readme for this file it may answer your question.

Check the date stamp on the c:\program files\network associates\netshield2000\McShield.exe. If the date stamp is 4/4/2002, there is a known problem with it. Try using the McShield.exe date stamp 1/29/2002. The 4/4/2002 came from the hotfix23 which has a problem with multiple hits on a file, causing a multitude of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back