Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCSE ....sorry posted it twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2002
US
Hello all,

I've read some of your posts about MCSE certification. Does anyone think it's good? I ( not my company ) purchased the Smart Certify MCSE and I'm currently working towards that. I have a BBA in MIS and wanted the MCSE as well.

I've worked in support/system administration for 3 years at the same company so I have the experience.

After the MCSE, I would like to pursue my MBA.

Are people saying the MCSE is a joke because they can't afford to do it, are not able to do it mentally, or is it that they can't give up their precious time?

Why are people beasting those that set goals in their life?

I think the MCSE is worth it. I dont know why people keep saying it is a joke. Maybe they cant do it or to scared of it or something

I think it is worth it as well. It can't look bad on a resume, and learning the material to take it can't hurt either. Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

The problem with MCSE is that it is being promoted as an entry-level qualification by training companies.....and people are "brain-dumping" it......

So most MCSEs are not worth the paper they are written on.....MCSE is designed and promoted by Microsoft to be a qualification for EXPERIENCED admininistrators who want to certify their experience......if that's how and why you've got it, it is a great certificate......but the worth of your qualification is being undermined by people who learn it 5 days......

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back