Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCSE EXAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yobabyo

MIS
Jan 5, 2002
GB
I HAVE MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE PC ENVIRONMENT, BUT NO PAPER QUALIFICATIONS.

HOW DO I TAKE THE MCSE EXAM WITHOUT THE COURSEWORK.

ANY IDEAS.

Contact VUE or Prometeric and register to do 4 core exams, 1 design exam and 2 elective exams. Then u do the exams at a Vue or Prometeric registered Test Center

Hi Yobabyo,

It's great that you have lots of experience and that you are now looking to capitalise on that by getting a certification to prove your knowledge to potential employers.

Have you checked out the information for MCSE hopefuls on Microsoft's web site at
There is no "coursework" as such which counts toward the qualification, it is based entirely on you passing the appropriate exams. It is not necessary to take the approved Microsoft courses ("MOC"), it is perfectly possible to self-study for the exams and with your experience you should find this straightforward to do.

There are lots of books available and the amount of study you will need to do will vary depending on your specific experience. I have found the "Exam Cram" books from useful in preparing for the exams. They help you to focus on the "examinable" material and then if necessary you can build on these topics by using MSDN, Technet or other MS documentation.

Good luck with the studies and hope you will let us know how you get on!

Cassie ????????????????????????
You don't need questions
You need answers.
????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back