Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCSE 70-292 and 70 296 2000 Upgrade to 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo2364

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2004
US
I have not been able to find good study material for both the 70-292 and 70-296 courses, especially the 70-296. I usaully use Exam Cram but researching some reviews, they said that both the Exam Cram and Microsoft books are not very well laid out.

Can anyone help me on this. I need to take both tests before the end of March

The sybex book is pretty good, i studied it and breezed through the exam

Thanks for the tip. Those of us still with MCSE 2000's have to upgrade before the 2003 tests disappear in March 2008!

-=Woody=-

The 2003 exams don't disappear in March 2008, who told you that? Normally the MS exams aren't retired until the actual product itself is retired (at least with NT, 2000, and I assume 2003).

As a point of fact, the MCITP exams for Server 2008 aren't even out yet, so there's no way Microsoft would be retiring the 2003 exams before the 2008 exams are available.

The MSCA 2000 to MSCA 2003 expires in March. The MSCE 2003 exams aren't expiring yet.

The 2003 exams won't retire untill Server 2003 reaches the end of mainstream support or the next version after 2008 is available but as stated above the 70-292 exam will retire soon.

I've been using the online help documentation and whitepapers at Technet to study for 70-292 and 296. Seems to work pretty good. I just passed 292.

I agree that there is a serious lack of good study materials for the W2k/W2K3 upgrade exams. The Syngress 296 book was the worst I have ever encountered. It was riddled with errors, especially in the practice exam area. The Exam Cram 292 book is just too brief and doesn't seem to cover all the exam objectives.

The practice exams that I've tried aren't very good, either. I've taken MCSE exams since NT4. I wonder what happened that so few good resources are available now.

I just took the 70-292 and got a 850... whew..
I was a little nervous,,,,
I use a CBT course online,, but I thought it was really lacking in detail. I got a Transcender for the exam, and mainly used that to study,, really study the explanations,,,
That was my main study tool, and I think the Transcender tests were harder than the real one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back