Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

McScript_InUse Process 100% CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelfischer

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2006
CH
hy all!

i have about 2000 clients with 8.0i patch 15 installed and managed by epo 3.6.1

from time to time users tell me, that their pcs are totally busy a few minutes after booting. the process that takes about 100% cpu is "McScript_InUse".
as far as i know, this process is running whenever update-tasks are in progress, but i couldnt figure it out why it is using so much of the cpu.

the problem is only from time to time and it is not depending on the patchlevel of vse. i have the problem also on pcs without epo agent.

any ideas?
thanx a lot!

See my answer of 2nd August 2007 to the same problem

pytchley,

Are you referring to your response regarding the On-Demand Scans running at 100% or are you referring to another message? I believe the 100% On-Demand Scan is different than the 100% McScript_InUse process which only occurs when AutoUpdate is running and not related to a full scan.

how many update processes do you have on your clients? on ones that are managed make sure to disable the default update task as that can start up immediately if the pc is off and then turned back on the next day as I think its set to run immediately if the task is missed. Also make sure in the default scan properties to exclude scanning files protected by windows.

"I'm certifiable, not certified. It just means my answers are from experience...not a book

pytchley, VictorySabre
thanx, but it's definitely something different...

drew1701d
i have 2 update tasks in epo,
the first is scheduled at logon (with a delay of 3 minutes),
the 2nd is scheduled every one hour with a randomization of 30 minutes.
both task are configured with NO retry if they are missed.

the default update task is not configured because we scripted an installation of vse without the "AutoUpdate"-feature because you dont need it, if you install the epo agent after vse... and so the default task does not exist.

thanx! mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back