Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCSA requirement question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2006
US
what's up guys, hope everybody is doing well. My question.
I'm about to start my first Microsoft test which is the MCDST certification. the next i wanted to go MCSA. now is this a wise choice or should i cover something else before i go to the MCSA.

Thanks

MCDST is a good first step toward the MCSA. The MCDST can also be used to fulfill the elective requirement (
Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

now i have a question. We have this joke here (sorry) for my words, he has no certifications, and he is working on the helpdesk phone for 9 month and he is going to make this MCSE. Some kind of prep class he takes online with skillsoft.

Don't he have to get certain other microsoft certifications first in order to get to a MCSE?

Unless you count being able to figure out which tests to take a qualification, no there are no other requirements.

Once you pass the 7 correct exams you get the cert.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

You might want to tell this person that skillsoft alone won't prepare him for any MS certs I've taken or am studying for (290, 291, 270, & 299). I have to use skillsoft for the classes I'm in, and it can range from fair to horrible. Save him some grief and suggest some of the other sources recommended by others in this forum (MS Press, CBT Nuggets, Transcender, Sybex, etc.). - Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back