Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCS-7835-I2 : Power supply status OID

Status
Not open for further replies.

rspierz

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2014
CA
Hello, I am trying to get the OID string of power supply status. I am using Nagois and a while ago the system reported "no OID exists at this...". I've tried both IBM and HP suggested OID's as per Cisco's knowledge base. I'm starting to believe that maybe our client swapped the power supplies with an unknown vendor?

Hope someone is able to shed some light on this. It has been very tedious looking for a solution.

Thanks

I am no pro at this but I have done in the past was walked the device like this snmpwalk -v1 -c public <ip> .1 >to_my_file.txt and did a word search on known values to try and back into it.

Sorry for the late reply.

I've tried this as well. To further clarify, this is a CUCM server running on top of an IBM server. The power supply status is under an IBM MIB, however no part of the IBM MIB comes up in the snmpwalk. Do you know what can cause a MIB to disappear in a snmpwalk?

Is an alternative way to get power supply status, perhaps through HOSTRESOURCES-MIB or CCM-MIB?

Thanks,
rs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back