Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCR Analog/IP on Multiple Switch System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altayan

Technical User
Mar 14, 2008
US
Hello,
I have hit a bit of a snag with an MCR scenario. I have an Opt81c in my office that connects to a Branch Office in a different part of the state. We have a department there that wants a number to ring on their receptionist IP phone and a cordless analog. I was going to just set this up as an MCR, but when you dial the extension it only rings to the IP phone because everything connects back to the 81c. Does anyone know how I could get the same extension to ring on both phones with my current setup? Thanks.

I am running RLS 3.0 and I don't have any way of fielding digital phones in the remote office.

I take it that the IP phone is on your 81, and the analog is on what ever system you have at the remote office, is this correct? If this is so there is not an easy way to do this request, seeing as the NPA/NXX will likely be different at both locations. Is the scenario different?

Both phones are directly connected to the Branch Office, but the IP phone does register back to the 81c unless the connection between the two is lost.

The NPA/NXX is different at the two sites, about 6 hour travel time between the 2.

I have an analog setup on the branch office for 4digit dialing but it's only because I setup a phantom on the 81c that calls the 10 digit number for that phone. I.E. it won't work with multiple phones on the same DN.

Hope that helps. Thanks for the quick response.

Not sure if this has any value: Personal Call Assistant (PCA) allows the simultaneous ringing of clients with different Directory Numbers (DNs). The clients do not have to be located on the same switch. The PCA passes through the originator’s Calling Line Identification (CLID) to the called party’s terminal. PCA must be configured separately for each terminal.

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

So your suggestion would be to setup the Analog with the existing DN and have the IP phone setup with PCA so that they could both answer the same number?

Not with the phone on the branch office being an analog I am not aware how to do this. If you have wireless at the branch office site you could use w6140 or w2211 wireless phone to replace the cordless analog.

do those phones require SIP? on RLS 3.0 my options are terribly limited

cool, i will look into those then. Thanks guys.

Use GHTrouts idea. When someone calls the IPset, PCA will dial another DN which is CDP'ed to the Branch system and will ring the analog.

Simple and effective.

It occurs to me that while I have heard of PCA I haven't ever set it up. Anyone got a quick run down I can look at? Thanks.

There is a lot to it, I would suggest reading it in Features and services NTP. Here is the jest of it

To configure PCA functionality:
1. Enable PCA in LD 15.
2. Configure a virtual superloop on the system in LD 97.
3. Configure PCA in LD 11 as the Primary MADN. MADN behavior can be
modified through multiple- and single- call ringing.
PCA shares the same DN as the desktop telephone.
4. Configure Key 0 as Multiple Call Arrangement with Ringing (MCR),
Multiple Call Arrangement without Ringing (MCN), Single Call
Arrangement with Ringing (SCR), or Single Call Arrangement Nonringing
(SCN) with the same DN as the desktop telephone.
5. Configure Key 1 as a Hot P key.
In certain configurations it is not necessary to configure a number
against Key 1, as the system generates a blending service DN according
to the customer settings in LD 15.

Mato' Was'aka

Been awhile since I looked at this feature but last I looked the PCA ISM's were Crazy expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back