Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCK w/ Merlin Magix

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrilokSingh

Programmer
Sep 25, 2011
US
I have a client where I installed a Merlin Magix w/ 2 MCK gateways and 2 extenders. This was 20 years ago, so I'm a little rusty in terms of some of the functionality.

In any case, they are adding a location, and want to use another extender. If recall correctly, each extender requires its own gateway. Does that sound correct? Or can I point a new extender to an existing gateway as long as it has sufficient ports available.

I realize I'm reaching way back on some pretty antiquated equipment, but thought I'd present it here just in case anyone knows for sure.

Thanks!

Good grief that's old!

There's an actual MCK forum here: Doubtful that anyone would see a post there, but maybe some of the older threads would be helpful.

One of the first hits googling mck extender for merlin magix leads to Atlas Phones, where the boilerplate reads
To deploy, install one or more EXTenders at each remote location, and a compatible PBXgateway at the corporate office.
so it certainly sounds like a single gateway will handle multiple extenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back