Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCK Firmware / Switch Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

appitech

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2012
US
I have inherited several MCK/Citel Extenders and PBXGateways. After going through them they all appear to be functional and I cataloged all of the firmware and model numbers for switch type. I am attempting to change the units to function with Toshiba equipment. After using the Switch 4 method to access the MFG mode I have changed unit the code to the correct sequence for Toshiba and loaded the firmware for Toshiba. The units boot fine and see each other. However, I cannot get a connection to the PBX or Phones. I did take a daughterboard out of one of the factory programmed units for Toshiba and placed it in one of the units I re-programmed and those 4 ports worked fine. All of the hardware revisions are the same but I cannot get the units that are not factory setup for Toshiba to work. Does anyone have an idea if there is another step other than using the MFGBOOT and MFGSET set to change these?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back