Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCK Extender Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonesaz

Vendor
Dec 18, 2006
US
I have a customer who has used an extender for about 4 years between Phoenix and Atlanta, where it worked perfectly. They recently moved it from Atlanta to Albuquerque, and are having some problems. The rep in Alburquerque can get her calls routhed to her and hear incoming calls fine (she is part of a calling group, but the person calling her can't hear her. Occasionally the connection is good, but mostly it is not. Any idea what could be causing this? Nothing has changed at the Phoenix end, and this is the only extender on the MCK. Thanks for any suggestions!

what type of extender?

if it is a 4000 you need to check the ports open in the VPN. check the installation documentation. I was having some troubles on one and only after I put a packet sniffer on each network area in sequence was I able to prove that the firewall was blocking the outgoing voice data packet.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back