Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCK Extender echo problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwoodbury

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2002
I have installed a MCK 6000 Gateway I and Extender with a Merlin Magix system. This is working with an IP connection over a Cisco Aironet 1300 wireless bridge to a building 1/3 mile away. The phones works great for our internal calls. When I make a call outside the building there is an echo when I talk. I can here the other person perfectly, but my voice echos. After about a minute the echo goes away. Are there any settings on the MCK to address this? It is hard to find good documentation for this product. I notice there are settings for voice compression and jitter, but I have no clue what to try. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I had this problem, Citel tech support indicated it is common when using Analog trunks, as opposed to a T1, to the outside world.

There is a setting for Echo Suppression, we set it to a different value. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly the settings, and you must request the manual from Citel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back