Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCK error log entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcalli

MIS
Oct 25, 2002
US
I'm getting a lot of MCK error log entries similar to these:
Mar 15 12:42:48: : DSP_debug: get_channel_using_ec:portport = 0x7 |
Mar 15 12:43:18: : DSP_debug: get_channel_using_ec:portport = 0x5 |
Mar 15 12:45:59: PORT ERROR: 7)HsConnCtpEvent: unsupported CTP Event. |
Mar 15 12:47:00: : DSP_debug: get_channel_using_ec:portport = 0x4 |
Mar 15 12:48:51: PORT ERROR: 7)HsConnCtpEvent: unsupported CTP Event. -

I'd appreciate anybody able to provide a resource or their experience to help identify these.
Thanks,

What's your setup? Are you using E-6000's or PBX GII. What type of PBX? And finally how are you connecting the units? Point to point T1? Over IP? BRI?. Let me know that and I maybe able to help you. Are you having any problem with that actual phone connected to that port? And what about port 8? are you seeing problems on that port as well?

I've actually got 5 pairs of MCK's terminating overseas from an Avaya in San Diego--this one being the most recent. It is a 24 port GWII->7000 pair (the 7000 is where I'm seeing the errors) . Also it appears that I've got problems with a number of the ports on the far end extender. My counterpart there reports that he getting no connection on ports 1,2,9,10,11,12,16,17,24.
The error report was just a snippit--but no, the 0x5, 0x7 if they are the actual digital port #'s don't seem to necessarily correlate to the non connecting ports--other channels seem to be ok from what's been reported to me anyway. Connecting RVP/IP over internet--other 4 6000 series units are fine except occasional, short, congestion/maintenance outages.
Do you have any insight/reference material on these errors--I've looked and cannot find anything.
WOnder if I've got a corrupt image file and if I should reupload it.
Thanks for the time.

Are your GWII and E-7000 SLM or SUM units. Make sure that they are running the right software version. If they are SUM units they should be runnning the 3.##.mgb file. Also make sure that they are running the exact same version. Different releases can cause a lot of problems. Are you using the the port offset? If you do a dump config and a dump log and upload it I can take a look for you. Also if you think that your software file is corrupt you can call MCK and they will email you a fresh version. Don't download of there website because sometimes there software files on the web a corrupted as well. What status are you seeing on those ports not connect on the remote side. They should be in a RD state unitl they connect to the GWII

The GWII is an SLM unit, HW Type: Rev 3 mod 0, running Ver 2.1.3r5 and the remote is a 7000RUM, HW Type: Rev 4 mod 0, running 3.2. This is what I concluded was correct from the choices offered on MCK's website--please point out any errors in this assumption.

I don't know when/why I should use the port offset settings--can you elaborate?

We're not carrying any maintenance agreement on these so I doubt MCK will talk to me --based on previous experience.
So I'm hoping to get some guidance from experts such as yourself. I don't know about dumping the configs to here--you could call me at 877-275-8763 x 6972 and we could exchange e-mails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back