Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCK and Flashing Arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sooperbohl

Technical User
Mar 2, 2004
US
OK,

I know I am missing something here. 2616 phone set with an MCK button programmed on it. There is a flashing arrow on the display next to the MCK. This of course is driving the customer crazy!!. I have seen this once before and found a solution for it but for the life of me, I cant remember how I resolved it. Can anybody clue me in?

Thanks,

Soop

MCK is Message Cancel. It is rare that someone needs that key.

MCK is designed to turn the message indicator off on another persons phone.

If it is flashing, it is waiting for input as far as I know. Just press it to stop it.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

I'd print the TN for that phone to see if it's really an MCK key. I'm thinking that the MCK doesn't even flash. You probably have an MWK on there. Get dial tone and press that key...

Whooops!! Sorry guys. It is an MWK and not an MCK. I appreciate the replies

Soop

Your customer needs to check their voicemail for mesages. Then the light will go out.

He does not have any messages in his mailbox. There are no archived messages in his mailbox. This the MWK key flashing steady. Pulling the line cord off clears the flashing arrow for a few but it always returns. The checked the TN. There is nothing else associated with this port that would be flagging this.

2 things to check:
1 - print the TN and if any other DNs appear on that TN, check voicemail for those DNs having a mailbox.
2 - Perform an advanced search and look for Message Waiting DN = to his primary DN. You might find another number set to light his light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back