Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCK & Nortel DoorPhone/DOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOldMan346

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2002
US
Anyone know if any recent s/w updates changed the comaptibility situation with Nortel door phones? We have customer with door phone in remote building connected to a Norstar MICS over an MCK Extender 6000 to a PBX Gateway II. Extender was running 2.1.3 and 2.1.6r3 on gateway. Doorphone would get discovered as a door phone but when you try to admin the door phone, the MICS would say "not compatible". They are relocating and I upgraded their Extender to 2.1.6r3 and they want to know if their door phone/DOC will work in new setup.

Thanks in advance.

[yinyang] What goes around - comes around. [wink]
The Old Man

I've used an ATA with an algo analog station port doorphone over mck 6000. Works great if you need to go that route instead.

Thanks for the suggestion dhnl. My customer is kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. They've got 3 locations. Main pbx (Nortel MICS) is in one building in NYC. Two existing doorphones are at this location. There is another building a few blocks away connected with MCK's. We tried a door phone here almost a year ago and ran into the issue described above and it was abandoned.

They recently purchased a building in NJ and it was temporarily connected via MCK's while they prep the building. They are now ready to move their NYC operation to NJ along with the MICS. The existing remote MCK equipment will move from NJ to NYC. Now that means their existing working door phones in NYC will be on the end connected with MCK's. That's why we want to know if it is working.

Thanks again.

[yinyang] What goes around - comes around. [wink]
The Old Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back