Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCK 4000 IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayatech713

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2007
US
Have a customer with a remote 4000IP - RLM for Definity. They closed a main branch and agent's remote home office that this 4000 was connected to their Definity and now they want us to set it up for a remote office on their Meridan switch at their main corporate location.

The 4000 IP needs to be changed to an RNM for Meridan. My field tech has converted 6000s before when this type of installation requires it for a client but the 4000 doesn't have the DIP switch like the 6000s do. I know it can be done as we had in a 4000 that had the model # as SNM and it was set as a Definity SLM in the configuration screen so it had to have be changed. If any MCK techs here know the trick - let me know and we can discuss it privately as I don't think MCK would want it on a public forum.

telnet into the current IP for the 4000.

alternately I think you can hook up a phone set and program the 4000 from that. I don't have the access codes on that but if you check the install guide for the 4000 you can get that. the CITEL website has those docs online.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back