Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCI Transfer And Takeback codes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

avgindyguy

Programmer
Jan 31, 2003
Beginning next year we will begin using Genesys for routing of some our calls. All of our callers will be front-ended in our IVR before being sent to Genesys if they need to speak to a CSR. If they choose the CSR the IVR needs to transfer them back to the MCI network using a transfer and takeback code such as *321. I know I can record an announcement to play the codes and this should work. However due to amount of calls that transfer to CSR's I am curious if we are going to run into an issue. We have this type of service already in one of our call centers and we continue to have problems with it. It seems the code is too fast for the network to pick up on or some other problem within the vector is not allowing us to transfer calls everytime. Just curious if anyone has any recommendations on what the best to do this is.

When you record your announcement, add a few pauses after the take back and transfer code and the speed dial code and after the speed dial code before the #. You can use the string below to record the DTMF tones:

ATDT*20,12345,1,,*8,,321,,,#

*20 is the feature access code
12345 is the extension number for the announcement
1 to record
,, to create a pause
*8 MCI network TNT code
,, for a pause
321 for your transfer code
,,,# another pause before ending the recording.

After you implement the DTMF tones, you can make sure that the messages are all played by using the list measurements announcements integ-all today peak to search for All Ports Busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back