Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCE1 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kv123

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2003
HR
Hello all,
I have a problem at the customer site:
ASN has ethernet module, ISDN BRI module, and E1 module. ISDN BRI is not in use. Software version is 15.5.1.0. About 30 remote locations (Passport 2430) are connecting to this ASN through ISDN lines over E1link (10 channels). This is an old configuration, and there was no changes for years (except some remote phone numbers). Few days ago, the ASN started to freeze, with no obvious reason. It just stops responding, all ISDN connections are dropped, console prompt also, and has all fault LEDs on for a 5-10 seconds, and then everything is OK again. It doesn't reboot. We noticed that this is not a case when E1 is not connected to the router. We changed the E1 module in the router, and the whole router, but the same happens. There is no regularity in this freezings. Telecom claims that everything is ok on their side, but I have no way to check this. I think there is some problem with E1 line. I would appreciate if someone could help me with advice what could be the problem and how to solve this? Maybe in memory utilization?

Many regards,

Ivana

What does the router log(s) say ?

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

Problem solved:). The thing was to reallocate global and local memory.

Ivana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back