Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCDST - info on MS trobleshooting procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech151

MIS
May 18, 2005
US
Hi all,
While taking the free assessent test on Microsoft's site. I ran into some questions regarding their troubleshooting flowchart. They used very specific terms for each step on ho to troubleshoot and how to place a helpdesk ticket.

My Sybex materials didn't cover any of this.

Is this part of the test? If so, does anyone have any additonal info on the subject?

thanks

If it's in the free assessment then it's probably on the test. Hit the library (the big funny building in your town/city with all the dusty books) and take a look at the MS Press (Big blue) books. They should cover everything that's on the exams.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

I took and passed both of the MCDST exams, and I didn't see any questions close to anything like that. I also looked at the assesment you're talking about also, and from what I can tell it's there for clarity sake.

CISSP, MCT, MCSE2K/2K3, MCSA, CEH, Security+, Network+, CTT+, A+

Keep in mind that there are a lot more questions in the pool than the ones that you get. The MCSE exams you get about 45 questions, and there are over 100 in the pool.

Denny

[noevil]

I wish our local library carried MS press books.. at least it doesnt seem like they do from their online card catalog..

at least not the certification related books.. they have the faster smarter books.. not much help... and it's a college town so would think they would at least carry them

get your business to buy them.. they are job aids.. and are good for on site ref

If your company won't buy them keep your receipts and deduct the cost of the books from your annual taxes (in the US at least) as a work expense.

Denny

[noevil]

I just took both tests and didn't see any questions like that either. If you can get the big blue book though a few of the questions on the practice cd were actually on the test

I used Self Test Software to study for this these tests and did not see many questions on the actual test that were even talked about on Self Test software. I also review the Micrsoft E-Learning for this and also did not see many queston from there either . not sure where Micrsoft is getting these questions from as they don't even have you study for the given questions.

I agree with you Crystalfire. I studied the Self test also and didn't see any questions even come close the questions asked on the actual test. It would be nice to get a printout of the test when you are done, to see what questions you missed and what were the correct answers. How are you suppose to study when you don't know the correct answers? This goes for the Microsoft eval test also. It's really a waste of time to take test and fail. Then not know the answers to study for.

The problem there is that everyone would now have a copy of the questions in there hands with the answers. What would stop you from memorizing the questions and answers and getting a 1000 the second time you take it.

The number of qustions is limited.

Microsoft does tell you what sections to study which does give you a general idea as to what to study.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005)

[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back