Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCDBA SQL 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE

Technical User
Oct 25, 2000
US

Hi,

Does anyone know how much longer this certification will be available? I've been searching around but have not found it.

I'm going to be taking some classes for SQL 2000 (because that is what the company I work for is using) and I'm wondering whether it would be worth pursuing the certification or just waiting until they move to 2005.

Thank you

What have you got the experience in? If you have a lot in 2000 then go down this route as it will be around a while and then you can upgrade it to 2005.

The certificate should be around for the next 9-12 months at least.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Thank you both.

Either way I need to start with 2000 because that is what I have to work with right now.

I think that if I feel comfortable after the classes I might try taking the 2000 tests to get my feet wet. I think that passing one would give me MCP, which should not hurt. Then next year work on 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back