Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCDBA question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessebo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2001
US
Will Microsoft retire the MCDBA certification for SQLServer 7.0? The reason I ask is because I have passed the SQL 7.0 administration test but don't know whether I should even try to take any other tests in SQL 7 if by the time I do get the MCDBA certification it won't even count. Can anyone answer this question since I would like to get the certification in SQL 7.0 but if it's going away I should probably start all over with SQL 2000.

Thanks,
Bessebo

If you go to the Microsoft web site or search the web for MCDBA you'll find that they do continue with SQL 7 but when you go back for re-cert it'll be for SQL 2K. I've taken most of them and am prepareing for the tests. When you continue though go for the Windows 2000 admin. Good luck!
Ashley L Rickards
SQL DBA

I don't currently have an MCDBA but would like to get it and would like to use my one passed test as part of the tests needed to get the certification. So, from what you are saying, I should be able to take the Implementing a database design with SQL 7 and then the proper electives and I can still get an MCDBA without having to start all over?

Bessebo

Yes you'll be fine with that. They offer both electives when you take the core exams.
But when you go back to keep your cert. active I would go for 2000. Ashley L Rickards
SQL DBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back