Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

McData switch 6064 what type of serial port connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vptl

Technical User
Jan 22, 2004
US
Hello,
What type of serial port connection is available on McData switch 6064 ? Male/Female ? .I know it is DB9 but do not have info regarding pin layout.

If possible can someone alose pest some commands which I can run at the console port of 6064 ? .

Thanks.
vptl.

Male connection, type help for commands.

Why would you want to serial into this switch?

You can access it via telnet or a web browser.

the switch is not on the public Net. I cannot access via telnet.
I have connectrix mngr GUI to connect as a web interface but I like to have CLI. I have asked so many users what is the big diff. btwn CLI and Connectrix Mngr ? still trying to find out.

From my past experienc with Veritas and other products CLI is always much batter then GUI.

Not reluctunt o use GUI but like to have CLI exp. as can be precious if you do not have broadband from home.

I am not sure if EMC will allow to have access to switch via serial port, but it pays to have connection just to reboot or reset the CPU.

Regards,
vptl.

Use telnet for CLI. The GUI for Connectrix manager is very stable and easy to use. CLI is a b$%*^ and you cannot do all the functions with CLI that you could with the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back