Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MCD5 - Camp-on then forward to VM 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCXaus

Technical User
Dec 5, 2011
AU
I have a customer who wants people to be able to camp=on to their busy extensions for a certain amount of time (say 20 seconds) then, if they still haven't taken the call, divert to their voicemail.
I have the camp-on working however it just keeps ringing on the second call until the call drops out with a reorder tone.
I have tried setting CF2A to point to VM, no luck. When I set CFFA to VM it goes straight to VM, no campon.

Is this able to be done? Appreciate any help you can provide :D

:code.poet:

I think(?) when you camp on then call forwarding options no longer exist. It can only recall.
What we normally do is create a second line - either a multicall or a key appearance with a unique number that the prime line is to on a busy. Then normal call rerouting works just fine.

Dry Aquaman

Yea don't think what you want is possible. You either camp on and wait or you reroute. Don't think both would be possible on a normal set. What about some kind of hunt group?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

How about a compromise

Program a second line key as a multicall of the prime

Second call when the station is busy will ring the second line instead of crampon

Call can be answered or it will follow the no answer timer to vm

If it is set to ring and the prime is busy it will simply provide a half ring burst and then flash

Optionally it can be set to ring continuous where it will ring normally regardless of the phone state

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Awesome, thanks everyone. I haven't worked much with campon before so wasn't sure.
I have programmed the second line appearance on the phones in question and it's working like a charm.

:code.poet:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back